Welcome to all the new people who have signed up to beta. There are a couple things I have noticed with entries to Build a Faction Contest overall that I wanted to get into.
1. First up is that Characteristic Increase traits do not stack with traits from multiple branches. This means that you cannot gain strength from two separate branches with an increase.
2. Increases are inherent characteristic bonuses. Enhancements are in-game bonuses. Enhancement bonuses include such things as equipping weapons, powers, in game abilities, etc, and are limited to maximum age bonus. The Maximum Age Bonus for the first age is +3. It's +4 for the second age, and +5 for the final Third Age.
3. Creating a Faction/Species is the equivalent in most games as your army wide special rules, while class creation is similar to your units special rules. You do not equip your models at this stage, although abilities may allow for specialized or advanced weapons and equipment.
4. Armory Traits do not cost points until the equipment is actually taken. This is done just before your game. Armory traits look like this -/5pts.
5. Creating your Faction is as simple as selecting traits you want for your army. Each of these comes with a point cost that is a per model point cost. There are three areas to select your traits from, these are Genetic Mutations 0-2, Environmental Adaptations 3-4, and finally Knowledge and Science 1-2. As you can see, the minimum number of traits you can take is 4, and the maximum number is 8.
6. Species Variants. There are variants to the Humanoid Genome, these include such variants as Giants, the Fey'rie, Goblyn, Aberration, etc. Selecting a variant gives you the option of taking an additional variant (within the same branch) trait. This does not take up a mandatory slot. This gives more variety between the variants.
Any additional questions, please ask. There are a lot of new people making races, and I wanted to chime in. We will be sharing some of the races over the next couple days, as there is quite a bit of variety coming in.